On Site Bone Density Testing Clinics
Bone Density Clinics for Pharmacy and Workplace Health Programs
Australian Bone Density Testing Centre (ABDTC) conducts specialised onsite bone density testing clinics in Pharmacies, Community Health Centres and as part of Workplace Health Programs
This initiative provides information to help prevent fragility fractures. Testing consultations identify those potentially at risk of fragility fractures, and provides information for follow up by pharmacist and/or doctors as required.
Bone density needs to be checked regularly, just like any other health factor
Osteoporosis (thin fragile bones that break easily) is not curable but it is largely preventable:
- In Australia 34% of people over age 20 have low bone density
- Lifetime risk of fracture for people over 50 is 27% to 29% in men and 42% to 56% in women.
People that fall into the categories below may be at increased risk of fracture, the more factors present, the greater the risk
- Clinics available for pharmacies in metropolitan and regional areas Australia wide
- Consultations are 10 minutes, starting and finishing times are flexible
- Information provided to assist staff re benefits and target demographics.
- Posters and leaflets for promotion in the pharmacy are supplied
- Information for EDM and other electronic communication available
- Media release templates also available for local area newspapers and newsletters
Information Given to Each Participant
- Written result including explanation
- Printed information with guidelines for bone health preservation and recognition of risk factors
- Participants are encouraged to consult with pharmacy personnel re supplementary or health professional requirements
The Test Quantitative Ultrasound (QUS) measurement of the calcaneus
The heel is used as it is weight bearing with composition similar to the hip and spine.
Participant is seated and places their heel in the machine, removal of a shoe and sock is required.
Tests are reliable, 100% painless and safe, result immediately avalable
To Register Your Interest
Contact Australian Bone Density Testing Centre
Phone 03 9822 0044
Place your pharmacy details in the fields below